Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spofford Lake Bike Ride 4/19/11

I live near Spofford Lake.  People have told me it a REALLY nice lake and there are a bunch of expensive houses on it.  I rose around it.  My route was Rt 9A up North Shore Road to Rt 63, Route 9 to the back entryway to Rt 9A.  I did it on my hard tail mountain bike because it was raining and I was afraid to slip with my road bike.  It was a little over 6 miles and very hilly.  I wish I brought my road bike, next time I will.

What was in usual about this ride was I thought I saw a moose.  Then realized it was a really big estate called "Moose Hollow" and I believe the moose it fake.  I haven't been back to see...but I have to see to make sure it was fake.  WEIRD!!!

Overall it's a beautiful lake and I can't wait to get out on it with my kayak on a "less traveled" day by the weekenders and powerboats
 
If there are any places you'd like to find out more about SEND ME and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I think. OK, on to the blogging and thanks for moving with me.

Rt 9A across from Camp Spofford

Sunset near the boat launch

No comments:

Post a Comment