Saturday, April 30, 2011

Waxy O'Conners 4/24/11 & 4/28/11

I heard there was a "new pub" in town.  I thought I want to try it just like everyone else.  The people at work were giving me great reviews.  And I heard that all the wood was imported from Ireland.  Now I was really excited.  It's GOT to be a dark wood spot then.  The kind of Irish pub I love.

My sister, Karen, and her husband, Dave came up to visit me for Easter from Massachusetts.  I love went my family visits.  PLUS, I can go to the new pub!

Waxy O'Connors Pub and Restaurant is located on Route 12 (AKA: Winchester St.)  at the Best Western Hotel & Suites, heading South from Keene.  The pub entrance is to the right of the main hotel entrance.

As first glance it was a big rooms with LOTS of dark wood.  The bar is very inviting and I saw right down with my back to the door.  I didn't travel too far.  The Bruins playoff game was on.  I noticed  lots of flat screen TVs and huge TVs in the chubbys on each side of the pub.  The seating was ample, it can accommodate lots of people and I'm thinking you won't wait long for a table there.

The beer selection is numerous.  They had local and pub staples.  I was just happy to hear Long Trail and Killian's.  The bar service was fast and the staff was very nice. 

Four days later I couldn't get the place out of my head.  I had to go back and eat and see if the food is as good as I've been hearing.  The menu is a typical Irish pub menu, but not just pub food.  I decided on the steak tips.  The food arrive as I ordered, with mashed potatoes and house vegetable (summer squash and zucchini).  I got the house/pub steak sauce and it tasted just like A-1 sauce.  The food wasn't anything spectacular but I have no negative comments.  Our waitress was very friends and personable which helps so much the ambiance of a place.  It seems they are hiring people and not just people with Irish accents.

I can't wait to go back for more.  Waxy O"Connors is a chain restaurant but don't let that fool you it's as original as your mom's apple pie.  I noticed from their web site that each location is unique in it's layout and design.  All and All, I can't wait to go back for more.

Here's their website if you check out the other locations and more information on this location.

If there are any places you'd like to find out more about SEND ME and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I think. OK, on to the blogging and thanks for moving with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment